Rules AN Regulations
If you are selling food or farm products, see the Farmers Market vendor page for more information on applying to the Farmers Market.
Guidelines and Information: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AS SOME THINGS HAVE CHANGED
EVENT DATES AND LOCATION
In 2021, instead of ftwo markets, this year we will host one larger, seasonal Market; one in the Spring and one in the Fall. The Fall Market will take place on Sunday, October 17th from 10 AM until 3 PM.
The Markets will take place in the parking lot behind the West Mill on High St. in North Andover, just a short walk from First and Main where the Farmers Market is held. The space abuts Sutton Pond, creating a serene and picturesque backdrop for the Market.
The booth fee is $50 for a 10x10 space. The deadline to apply is February 28th. All decisions will be made by March 15th. Applications received after February 24th will be considered only if space permits. Questions can be emailed to email@example.com
CHECK-IN, SET-UP AND BREAK DOWN
All vendors must check in to receive their booth assignment. Set up begins at 8:30AM (this will be strictly enforced). There will be volunteers on hand to help you unload and load as needed. Vendors should be set up and ready to go by 9:45 AM. Plan to remain at the Market until 3 PM. Dismantling early will be noted and may lead to exclusion from future Markets.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
In the case of dangerous weather (thunder, lightning, high winds, heavy rain), we reserve the right to postpone the Market to the following Sunday(October 24th, 2021). Please note: if you are unable to attend the rescheduled date, we are unable to provide refunds. See our cancellation policy below.
CANCELLATION POLICY AND "NO SHOW'S"
No refunds will be given. If you have to withdraw after acceptance, your payment will be a donation to our organization. We are an all-volunteer, not for profit organization.
The Markets are juried. All applications received by the deadline will be reviewed, it is not a first-come-first-serve application process.
Our jury process consists of 3 basic criteria:
1. Did you create it? All items displayed must be your own hand-made work. The materials used should be significantly altered by the workmanship of the artisan. Unacceptable work includes resale items, work produced from kits and mass-produced items.
2. Is it well made? Only top-quality work is allowed. We are looking for originality and creativity along with attention to detail and marketability.
3. Do we think it will sell well at our shows? We are looking for quality, American-made works by hand that will appeal to our customers (presentation, packaging and price point).
If the answer to all 3 is yes, then you are welcome to apply. We will limit the number of vendors in each category. Artisans may apply to participate in both Markets; however, we reserve the right to limit participation to only one Market if we have an overwhelming number of applicants.
In addition to the above-mentioned criteria:
1. We do not allow food vendors, please apply to the North Andover Farmer's Market.
2. Tents may not be shared by more than 1 vendor. (excludes junior crafters).
3. Participation in a previous Market events does not guarantee you a spot.
We continue to encourage young artisans under the age of 18 to apply and participate. A parent or guardian must be present the entire time. Junior crafters have 2 options:
1. Apply as a regular vendor to be juried with the strict guidelines above and pay the $50 fee for a 10x10 space.
2. Apply as a "junior crafter" where you will be given a 6' table space in an area slightly away from the juried Market vendors. The fee is $20 and you will share a tent with another junior crafter.
All spaces are 10'X10'.
You must provide your own tent and weights, in case of wind.
There is no electricity available.
Wifi is not provided.
You are required to provide your own tables, chairs and displays.
All tables must be covered to the floor with no boxes or bins visible.
This is a carry in, carry out event. Your space must be free of any trash or debris.
We reserve the right not to invite a crafter back for the violation of Market rules or unprofessional behavior.
Payments are due within 15 days of being accepted to the Market. Upon acceptance you will be emailed a link to pay online. Checks can be mailed if you are unable to make your payment online. There will be a $25 service charge for returned checks.
The North Andover Farmers Market, The Artisan Market at the Mills and RCG assumes no responsibility for any property or goods of the vendor. It is the vendor's responsibility to collect and pay any applicable sales tax.
ADVERTISING AND MARKETING
As in previous years, the Artisan Market at the Mills will be promoted and advertised along with the successful North Andover Farmers Market. We will be promoted on Facebook and through an event webpage. We will also have print advertising in newspapers and magazines and will line the downtown North Andover area with banners advertising the Market all summer long.
We have had 2 years of very successful events and we know 2021 will be even better! We ask that you help promote the Markets through any of your social media outlets.
Thank you to our sponsors, RCG and the East and West Mills and Enterprise Bank.